donderdag 10 oktober 2019

Animal Consciousness

Human beings are equipped with a highly intelligent brain. The also have consciousness. What someone is feeling or experiencing we only know from a first-person view. What it is to be me. I argue that not only humans, but also other higher animals, such as our most related ancestors and dolphins. Humans have the capability of language to report of their states, animals do not. It is suggested that the main function of language is social. But I think that animals have the ability to communicate in other ways and they might have some aspects of social cognition. Some primates do recognize themselves in a mirror when they were marked. Others use deception in favour of themselves, which I think is a high cognitive ability and possibly needs consciousness to carry out the plans. I think some animals are therefore self-aware and maybe other-aware as well. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten